With the Grinch-like Covid-19 still skulking around the world and stealing the joy from the festive period, especially if you are in a Tier 3 location like those in the Birmingham (UK) area, it’s time to bring a bit of Winter cheer to the proceedings.
Let’s get the tree from the loft and decorate it with NFL helmets, moan about putting the outside lights up, and order a Gingerbread Spiced Latte using an app (as you can’t even sit down for a coffee in my part of the world), and enjoy some Christmas cheer.
Come and join the Full 10 Yards Christmas party (a virtual one of course!).
What sort of season and weather is best for our Full 10 Christmas party?
We need Winter snow falls, a snow storm, and expect there to be a chill in the air if it is particularly frostee.
- Brian Winters – Looking to win the AFC East in 2020 as part of the Bills offensive line.
- Percy Snow (pictured) – Former Chiefs linebacker and part of the 1990 All-Rookie team.
- Mike Falls – The 1960s Cowboys lineman made 19 career starts.
- Phil Snow – Current Panthers defensive coordinator, who began coaching in 1976.
- Storm Norton – This Chargers backup T had a nightmare in Week 13 v Patriots.
- Brandon Chillar – Ex Packers LB, who has a Super Bowl ring from his time in Wisconsin.
- Frostee Rucker – 12 year veteran DE who bagged a safety back in 2015 for the Cardinals.
What food and drink will be available at the Full 10 festive feast?
Before the main meal you might have a cheeky mince pie, followed by some plump caved bird, washed down with a nice glass of red wine. Then you will get a hearty bowl of Christmas pudding, and a glass of port, before some Jacobs crackers and cheese, where we recommend the brie.
- Jeremy Mincey (pictured) – This DE once had 8 sacks in a season for the Jaguars.
- Jason Pierre-Paul – Our first festive All-Pro, Pierre-Paul has a Super Bowl ring too.
- Bird Carroll – This ‘End’ was a two time NFL champion with the Canton Bulldogs in the 20s.
- Sheldrick Redwine – Browns DB who has made 1 start and had 1 INT in 2020.
- Demarcus Christmas – Look him up – a 6th round pick in 2019 by the Seahawks.
- Hal Puddy – Only played 4 games at OG for the 1948 49ers.
- Clinton Portis – RB and Former offensive rookie of the year with the Broncos in 2002.
- Josh Jacobs – Before Covid-19 Jacobs came to London and scored at Tottenham in 2019.
- Briean Boddy-Calhoun – A flop as a DB with the Cleveland Browns, just activated by the 49ers.
What about the festive decor and games at the Full 10 party?
The decor will of course include some bright lights on the tree, complete with candy canes. On the shelf will be a naughty elf, and everyone coming gets a lovely festive card. As it gets dark we might get the games out and play some chess or Guess Who, and even discuss our Draft Kings lineups.
- Billy deCorrevont – An NFL Champion in the 40’s with the Chicago Cardinals.
- Matt Light – A triple Super Bowl champion lineman with the Patriots.
- Candy Miller – Scored his lone NFL TD for the Canton Bulldogs in 1922.
- Pat Elflein (pictured) – Current Vikings C who has been helping Dalvin Cook to find running lanes.
- Arizona Cardinals – Almost won a Super Bowl before Santonio Holmes did a toe tap.
- Jehu Chesson – A WR who had three career catches from 2017-2018.
- Terry Guess – Another WR nobody who averaged 34.5 yards a grab on 2 career catches.
- Chris Draft – A MLB who played for six different NFL teams in his career.
- Kliff Kingsbury – Now finding being an NFL head coach harder than initially thought.
Will there be any elements of a traditional Christmas at the Full 10 event?
Of course. We will ask our fearless leader Tim Lambert-Monk to follow the brightest star in the sky and travel to Bethlehem. He will of course need to get through customs with some gold, frankincense and myrrh in his case.
- Bart Starr – Helped the Packers to win the first two Super Bowls in the 1960’s.
- Travelle Wharton – Former Panthers OG who started 111 games in Carolina.
- Golden Tate – Currently doing a good job with an on-fire Giants team.
- Frank Clark (pictured blasting Jimmy-G) – A Super Bowl winning DE who had 2 QB hits in SB LIV.
- Richie Incognito – A beastly offensive lineman with 4 Pro Bowl nods to his name.
- Evan Engran – Giants TE who is looking to lift the NFC (L) East title in 2020.
- Brent Celek – Eagles blocking TE who won a ring and had 24 offensive Super Bowl snaps.
- Myron Guyton – A SB winning DB who had two tackles in Super Bowl XXV.
- Xavier Rhodes – Colts DB who recorded 2 interceptions in Week 3 this season.
On behalf of everyone in the Full 10 Yards family we wish you and your family, our incredibly wise readers, listeners, viewers and followers, a very Merry Christmas, full of fun, hand sanitiser and tasteless NFL branded masks, but worn with fully working taste buds.
I have already had my gift, the ability to be part of the Full 10 Yards family.
Personally I have had a few struggles with my own mental health this year, and without the opportunity to be able to write about, and chat about, the greatest sport on earth I think I would have really been lost.
To men especially, it is ok to sometimes admit that you are not ok all of the time. Just do the right thing and talk to someone, a charity like CALM (Campaign against living miserably) on 0800 58 58 58, an old friend or even a work colleague. This time of year can be challenging for a multitude of reasons, and 2020 has magnified this, so make sure you take time to tell your friends you are there if needed or if you need help.
written by Lawrence Vos (@F10YRetro on Twitter)